As the board and staff of the Swedenborg Foundation continue to monitor the events surrounding the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we’ve come to the difficult conclusion that we need to cancel the OffTheLeftEye Experience, originally scheduled for June 5-8, 2020. Read more >
You can expect a life-energizing transformation at the offTheLeftEye Experience with group bonding exercises and workships, expertly guided meditations, and master class presentations from Curtis Childs, Dr. Jonathan Rose, Chelsea Rose Odhner, and other offTheLeftEye team members, as well as professors from the Institute for Swedenborg Studies at Bryn Athyn College.
While we are ready to share the framework of our itinerary, please note that as we finalize details, the schedule is subject to slight adjustments to timing and content. Please be sure to sign up for our e-mail communications and follow our social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) so you’ll receive all of our updates about the event!
Friday, June 5th
3:00 – 5:00 p.m.: Registration / Check-in
6:00 p.m.: Dinner
7:00 p.m. Keynote: “The Spiritual World Around You” with Curtis Childs
- Description: We’re going to look at the multifaceted ways that the physical and spiritual sides of reality connect, what that conjunction can do for us, and how we are actually the most crucial point of connection.
8:00 p.m.: Group Bonding Exercise
Saturday, June 6th
7:00 – 7:30 a.m.: Yoga (optional morning activity)
7:30 – 8:30 a.m.: Breakfast
8:45 – 9:45 a.m.: Live Taping of News from Heaven and Host Meet-and-Greet
10:00 – 11:45 a.m.: offTheLeftEye Studio Tour / Farmer’s Market
- See the studio where the magic happens! OffTheLeftEye staffers give participants a behind-the-scenes tour, plus an opportunity to take photos at the OTLE anchor desk.
12:00 p.m.: Lunch
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.: Master Class Sessions from the Institute for Swedenborgian Studies
- Presented in cooperation with the Institute for Swedenborgian Studies, experts from Bryn Athyn College share insights about how Swedenborg’s ideas intersect with the latest scientific and academic research on the human mind, history, and science.
4:30 – 5:30 p.m.: Guided Reflection at Glencairn Museum
- Title: “Exploring Jacob’s Ladder: Our minds and embodiment as a center point for connection with the Lord through the natural world” with Chelsea Odhner
- Description: Using the images of the story of Jacob’s dream, participants will be led through a time of guided reflection on how our bodies and minds connect us to the Lord and our belonging in the world. We will nurture our relationship with the Lord through reflection outwardly on the natural world and inwardly on our states of mind, through our thoughts and feelings and senses.
6:30 p.m.: Dinner
7:30 p.m.: Dessert Reception
- Evening social for participants to get to know each other better.
Sunday, June 7th
7:00 – 8:00 a.m.: Guided morning meditation (optional activity)
8:30 a.m.: Breakfast
9:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Open Morning
- We’ll provide a list of options, so you can take this time to experience the local Swedenborgian culture, as the historic Bryn Athyn area provides great opportunities to visit local Swedenborgian Sunday church services, scenic walking trails, and more.
12:00 p.m.: Lunch
1:00 – 2:30 p.m.: Guided Reflection at the Bryn Athyn Cathedral
- Session 1: “How Does the Bible Help Us Connect with Heaven?” with Jonathan Rose
- Description: We’ll look at some of the most beautiful spaces in the Cathedral and ponder the mysteries of stone and glass and light, as Jonathan offers some thoughts on Solomon’s Temple in the Bible as a point of access to God in heaven, and the correspondences and parallels between that Temple and our physical bodies, our minds, heaven, the Lord, and even the Bible itself.
- Session 2: “Correspondences at the Cathedral”
3:00 – 4:00 p.m.: OTLE Community Workshop
- If the spiritual world is around us all the time, how can we apply that knowledge to our daily life?
5:00 – 6:30 p.m.: Guided Tour of the Swedenborgiana at the Swedenborg Library
- Title: “The Origins” with Jonathan Rose
- Description: In the Swedenborgiana we’ll look at treasures from the vault—Swedenborg’s first editions and facsimiles of his handwritten manuscripts—and ponder the amazing process he went through to write what he wrote.
7:00 p.m.: Dinner
8:00 p.m.: Sunset Meditation
- Open / self-guided reflection on the experiences of the day, with participants given the opportunity to share what they feel or have experienced.
Monday, June 8th
8:00 a.m.: Breakfast
9:00 – 10:30 a.m.: Q & A Panel with Co-Hosts
- An opportunity for participants to ask questions that arose during the weekend or give feedback on what they experienced.
11:00 a.m. Check out
You can register now or view our on-campus lodging options, which are limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Early bird pricing is now sold out. Regular pricing options are still available for all registration packages. See below for options. Registration closes May 1st, 2020.
Please visit our extensive offTheLeftEye Experience FAQ page for more details about travel, accommodations, food restrictions, refunds, and more. If you still have unanswered questions, please feel free to contact Gwen Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-430-3222, x109.
Hope to see you at our first-ever in-person, multi-day experience!