Swedenborg Explorer’s Guidebook
A Research Manual
By William Ross Woofenden
Edited by Jonathan S. Rose
Swedenborg Studies #12
A reference tool for anyone interested in researching the thought of Swedish theologian Emanuel Swedenborg (1688-1772). The revised and expanded second edition includes a complete bibliography of Swedenborg’s writings, published and unpublished; an extensive bibliography of books about him or his thought; an overview of key concepts in his theology, a listing of major documentary collections of Swedenborg’s works, and a chronology of Swedenborg’s life and works. Read more
Hardcover and e-book, 544 pages
Buy in PrintHardcover $29.95
Get the E-Book
For more than 250 years, followers of scientist and visionary Emanuel Swedenborg have been translating and commenting on his writings, and for those unfamiliar with Swedenborg’s works, it can be a difficult field to navigate. This revised and expanded edition of the Swedenborg Explorer’s Guidebook offers:
- An annotated bibliography of all primary works by Emanuel Swedenborg — including scientific, literary, and theological writings as well as personal letters and journals — containing the latest information on holdings, publication dates, and available translations.
- An extensive annotated bibliography of secondary literature, including major biographies, bibliographies, analyses of Swedenborg’s works, dissertations and theses, historical writings about the New Church, and works on and by prominent figures in the Swedenborgian community.
- Easy-to-use listings of Swedenborg’s works by date, by subject, and by title, with cross-references to each title’s bibliographic information.
- A glossary of special terms used in Swedenborg’s writings.
- A listing of major documentary collections in the United States and Europe.
- A chronology of Swedenborg’s life and works
- An expanded index