Greetings friends and supporters,
Oh, what a year we have had. In the midst of the global and community upheaval that 2020 has brought, I hope and pray that the Swedenborg Foundation has helped you keep your spirit connected to the Lord and the peace of heaven.
I’m happy to have recently become the president of the Swedenborg Foundation because I was raised on Swedenborg’s writings within a pastor’s household. I know firsthand how the teachings and theology can change someone’s life. The suffering in our society today makes the message of hope and eternal life offered through Swedenborg’s vision so timely and relevant for those in need of spiritual healing.
I’m pleased to report that despite the logistical challenges the pandemic has posed, our team is still:
- Producing high-quality videos on our offTheLeftEye YouTube channel.
- Connecting to people in need of spiritual support from all over the world in our Watching & Reading Swedenborg Facebook group.
- Translating and publishing Swedenborg’s works through the New Century Edition and making them available as free downloads.
In turn, we’ve been hearing from people who were touched and uplifted by our programs. Here are just a few of the messages we’ve recently received:
“Thank you so much OTLE team, for sharing your experiences and tips in this difficult time. It will surely be tough for us, we’ve never experienced anything like this in our lifetimes. Fear is a big struggle for me personally too, especially with the humble bundle of small health issues I have. But on the good side – we will pray more, appreciate life more, seek God more, love more.”
“Thank you, very much appreciated. Keep up the beautiful support of the ‘spiritual community at large’ “ – response to the Free Resources to Inspire Hope and Connection in Times of Crisis on Swedenborg.com
Inspired to help us continue our vital work? You can make a tax-deductible donation quickly and easily online!
With the help of our supporters, readers, and viewers, we’ve achieved these amazing milestones during a difficult year:
- Launched a brand-new offTheLeftEye website that allows users to explore Swedenborg’s theology by topic and create custom video playlists.
- Completed and published our latest Deluxe edition of The Shorter Works of 1763 as part of the New Century Edition project.
- Reached the 100,000-subscriber silver status milestone on the OTLE YouTube channel.
- Launched a revamped and more user-friendly version of Swedenborg.com that includes an interactive exploration of Swedenborg’s theology.
If you’re able to offer a contribution today, it will help our non-profit continue to generate Swedenborg-inspired content for our free spiritually uplifting programs and initiatives.
Thank you for being part of our community and joining us in this journey to change lives!
Blessings to you,
Soni Soneson Werner
P.S. Kindly consider our monthly recurring donation option, so we can enrich many more lives into 2021!
Want to learn about more ways you can make a difference at the Foundation?
Contact Director of Development Tim Bilger at 610-430-3222 x 101 if you’d like to learn more about charitable giving opportunities, such as IRA distributions, legacy gifts, trust funds, and more.